Are you good at organizing people? Scheduling meetings? Taking notes? Are you into email and communication? Would you like to be a part of something very special? Shelter Our Pets is seeking a Secretary. This position is an officer of the organization and requires a commitment to the board, volunteers and the mission of the organization.
The Secretary shall:
● record the minutes of the Organization’s Board meetings and other meetings
● keep the minutes and records of the Organization in appropriate books.
● distribute proposed minutes to all board members for review prior to the next meeting
● file any certificates required by any statute, federal or state at the direction of the Board.
● give and serve all notices to members of this Organization.
● be the official custodian of the records of this Organization.
● may be one of the officers authorized to sign the checks of the Organization.
● present to the membership at meetings any communication addressed to the Secretary of the Organization.
● submit to the Board of Directors any communications which shall be addressed to the Secretary of the Organization.
● attend to all correspondence of the Organization and exercise all duties incident to the office of Secretary
● perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
If you are interested, send a letter of interest addressed to the Board of Directors at email@example.com.